Членение и объединение предложений при переводе
1. For the Liberal Party to be treated as a serious organisation, there must be a great deal of money backing this remnant of a once powerful party, whose president is a director of 12 companies, some of them operating in British colonies. (Daily Worker)
2. Once more the two big parties of American capitalism have rulled off a very useful trick. They have kept the allegiance of American masses in their fold and have prevented the rise of a powerful third party. (Daily Worker)
3. A 12-men Soviet steel delegation arrived at London airport last night to start a three week visit at the invitation of the Government.
4. Britons will be among over 100 experts meeting at Luxembourg today to discuss improved mining safety.
5. Paris bakery owners yesterday called off a two-day refusal to sell bread launched as a part of a bitter struggle to starve Paris into agreeing to an increase in bread prices.
6. Polio struck Manchester again when seven new cases ended a period of two days respite in the epidemic.
7. Typhoon Freda killed seven people, injured nine and left 4,000 homeless when she swept across Northern Formosa on Sunday, according to police reports yesterday.
8. The Chartists had not planned to assemble in arms on Kensington Common. Or march thence to the Houses of Parliament.